[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers as a Windows 8.1 Metro App

Rob Gillan rob at mosais.com
Mon Nov 25 23:35:16 PST 2013

Folks,

We have a need to deploy OL (currently 2.13.1) as part of a Win8 Metro App, which has extremely strict dynamic code filtering due to the fact that metro apps are now accessible directly from the OS (no sandbox).  We have just completed a similar port of Dojo to Win8.1, and have started working through the changes needed to OL2.

In general, you can't use innerHTML, so there's a WinJS call that handles "unsafe" code.  We've made changes to our OL source copy and have removed many of the errors that Win8 throws out.  We are still seeing some errors however as the code tries to fire up.

Just wanted to know if there's anyone else attempting this journey so we can expedite resolution.

Thanks
Rob