[OpenLayers-Users] PanTo bug in IE 8 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Dwyer, Andrew Andrew.Dwyer at dsto.defence.gov.au
Tue Oct 1 00:15:28 PDT 2013

UNCLASSIFIED

Hi All,

I'm experiencing a bug in the latest release of OpenLayers 2 (2.13.1) when using Internet Explorer 8.  When I zoom into a high zoom level (15 - 18) and call the "map.panTo" function to pan somewhere very far away, the map gets stuck and only displays one tile.

I've created an example client at http://jsbin.com/iWEZAqu/1/ that should hopefully demonstrate the problem.  Once the page loads you will just see pink because it's zoomed in.  Click the button above the map which should zoom you to the middle of nowhere, but instead just shows you a single tile and you'll be unable to pan the map.  The complete code is available at http://jsbin.com/iWEZAqu/1/edit?html,output.

I don't get this behaviour in Firefox but I did notice some very large values for the left and top properties of the OpenLayers_Map_2_OpenLayers_Container div directly after the panTo function call:

position: absolute; z-index: 749; left: 8295400px; top: 1770930px;

Cheers

Andrew Dwyer

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Department of Defence and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the Crimes Act 1914. If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the email.