[OpenLayers-Users] openlayers-js for a seating plan

Robert Sanson Robert.Sanson at asurequality.com
Sun Oct 13 12:42:02 PDT 2013

Hi Hinnack

Create a vector polygon layer where each seat is a small polygon. Use a metric cartesian coordinate system. You just get the user to zoom in and select the seat. The vector layer could either be loaded into memory from a GeoJSON file on the server, or could be served as WMS, so you use GetFeatureInfo requests to return the seat the user clicks on.

regards,

Robert

>>> Hinnack <henrik.genssen at gmail.com> 12/10/2013 11:03 p.m. >>>
Hi folks,

I would like to use openlayers for a seating plan of a stadium, where geo
referencing based on lng/lat is not really important, but on pixels.
So I wonder, if a "pixel-based projection" exists - and if not, how to
start one.
The booking engine of a ticket system has the same needs, as a map has
(e.g. overlays like Images, kml's, zooming, etc.).
Of course, one could reinvent the wheel by using other js libs like
"Raphael" - but it does not to make much sense to me...

Did I overlook something and it does already exists?

Thanks for any advise :-)

regards

Hinnack

This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and then delete this email from your system.

This message has been scanned for Malware and Viruses by Websense Hosted Security.
www.websense.com