[OpenLayers-Users] GeoExt layout help

Brad Bordine b.bordine at decapower.org
Sun Sep 1 10:08:21 PDT 2013

I am trying to incorporate GeoExt into the next generation of my team's
mapping product, and of course the learning curve is very steep. Right
now at the outset I am struggling to understand the right approach to a
specific layout issue. I would like to have my various info windows such
as layerpanel, legend etc. overlay a full-window base map. Ideally I
would be able to make the layers backgrounds transparent, turn off
border and hopefully turn off the menu bar display in come cases. My
question though is how to set up the structure to have a slippy map
sized to the browser window and a layer above with controls within the
Ext context. At this point, any learning resources, tutorials, etc.
would be very helpful...