[OpenLayers-Users] No red box in Overview Map

Julien-Samuel Lacroix jlacroix at mapgears.com
Wed Sep 4 06:48:55 PDT 2013

Hello,

Not sure if it helps, but last time I encountered something like, it was
because I didn't had the style.css file to my page. Edit the path of the
following include to reflect your installation:

         <link rel="stylesheet"
href="/openlayers/theme/default/style.css" type="text/css">

Does the OverviewMap example works?

Julien

On 13-09-04 08:11 AM, Rob Hyx wrote:
> I have a very simple overview map:
>
> var overviewBaseLayer = map.layers[0].clone();
> overviewBaseLayer.setIsBaseLayer(true);
> var overview = new OpenLayers.Control.OverviewMap({
>      maximized:true,
>      layers:[overviewBaseLayer]
> });
> map.addControl(overview);
>
> (Cloning the layer and adding it manually was the only way I could get
> the overview map to construct without erroring on "this.baseLayer is null".)
>
> So now the overview map shows up and follows the movements of the map,
> but no red box. Any ideas? I'm using OL 2.12 and it does this in both
> Firefox 17 and IE 8.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Julien-Samuel Lacroix
Mapgears