[OpenLayers-Users] Integrating OL features into Ordance Survey OpenSpace

Barney Holmes djbarney at djbarney.org
Tue Sep 10 13:31:49 PDT 2013

Hello,

Tried searching for this but the list archive was down.

After some annoyance that I can't get UK Ordance Survey (OS) OpenSpace
maps through Google I found that OS actually do a very good service
themselves. Their system is based on the previous version release of
OL ...

http://map.djbarney.org/

http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/business-and-government/products/os-openspace/index.html

I have tried integrating some OL features like mobile GPS locating but
without success...

http://map.djbarney.org//index_ol_mobile_gps.html

I tried adding functions to "basicmap_djbarney.js" (the OS source
code) from the OL example -
http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/geolocation.html ... but I
don't think they are declared correctly to work with OpenSpace. I am
not a huge coder but usually understand enough to slot together
different functions. Has anyone had sucess with using OpenSpace with
OL features ? What I really need are a few examples.

Barney Holmes