[OpenLayers-Users] Rotate point with external graphic using drawFeature

mikeluz paweluz at o2.pl
Fri Sep 13 06:23:47 PDT 2013

Hi

My goal is to draw a point on map that has a externalGraphic, and this
external graphic is rotated. I would like to do it with
OpenLayers.Control.DrawFeature. Each point has to have a different rotation
(random) . So:
1. I select drawing tool
2. I click on map (draw)
3. Each picture has different (random) rotation

This is my code:
/
var testLayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("test", {});

var controls = {
    point: new OpenLayers.Control.DrawFeature(this.testLayer,
        OpenLayers.Handler.Point, {
            style: {
                graphicWidth: 25,
                graphicHeight: 25,
                externalGraphic: 'images/sample.png',
                rotation: "${angle}"
            }
        })

};/

This code below is to draw pictures on map. I got it from here:
http://www.netzwolf.info/assistent/tmp/drag-feature.htm
I added attribute angle additionally.

/
OpenLayers.Control.DrawFeature.prototype.drawFeature = function (geometry) {
    var feature = new OpenLayers.Feature.Vector(geometry, {
        angle: parseInt((Math.random() * 360).toFixed(0))
    }, this.style);
    var proceed = this.layer.events.triggerEvent("sketchcomplete", {
        feature: feature
    });
    if (proceed !== false) {
        feature.state = OpenLayers.State.INSERT;
        this.layer.addFeatures([feature]);
        this.featureAdded(feature);
        this.events.triggerEvent("featureadded", {
            feature: feature
        });
    }
};/

I think it should work, but somehow it does not....

Regards,
Pawel