[OpenLayers-Users] printing highlight vector-data

Alexandre Dubé adube at mapgears.com
Wed Sep 25 06:14:49 PDT 2013

Hi Jan,

   You could look at the "PrintProvider" component in the GeoExt library
and see how they accomplish it:
   * http://www.geoext.org/lib/GeoExt/data/PrintProvider.html
   *
https://github.com/geoext/geoext/blob/master/lib/GeoExt/data/PrintProvider.js

   Basically, what this component does is build a json file of the
layers to print and additional details about the map (position,
resolution, projection, etc).  Each layer has its own information for
the server-side to be able to reproduce the same image.  For vector
layers, the vector feature geometries are sent in addition to their
styling.  If a feature was highlighted, its style would be added to the
json file, then the server-side print service becomes responsible of
reading the feature and apply each style.

   For GeoExt, the PrintProvider was designed for MapFish Print, but you
could use your own custom server script to read what you send and apply
the style accordingly:
     * http://www.mapfish.org/doc/print/

   So, I'd suggest you look at the PrintProvider and see how features
and styles are saved.  You could reproduce something very similar.

Hope that helps,

Alexandre

On 13-09-25 08:38 AM, Jan Tappenbeck wrote:
> hi !
>
> i have a question about printing of selected vector data.
>
> in our company a gis-programm will be create and the data are will be
> store on a database.
>
> for printing we create a wms of the the data and a mapscript make a
> pdf-file for printing.
>
> now the new job following: the user selected elements at the client
> and wants to make a printing with the object highlighting.
>
> did anyone now a way to print selected highlighted element?
>
> it is very difficult to write his in englisch. if someone here from
> germany it could be easiert to communicate in german.
>
> regards Jan

Alexandre Dubé
Mapgears
www.mapgears.com