[OpenLayers-Users] Zoomin/out control do not work in IE10/IE11 unless the page already has focus.

Lydon Chandra lydon.chandra at mapsolutions.com.au
Fri Sep 27 00:31:59 PDT 2013

Updated description (previous one was incorrect as www.openlayers.org<http://www.openlayers.org> does not have mousewheel zoom turned on)
As per http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19044278/internet-explorer-10-11-focus-and-google-maps-scroll-zoom

If you open maps.google.com in internet explorer 10/11 on windows 7,

Click on IE url bar, and then

Click on the maps itself,

You can only move the map, NOT zoom it using your mouse wheel.

Once area outside the map is clicked, and you go back to your map, you can move and ZOOM using your mouse wheel.

What is happening here ?

I have the same issue with my web application,

and i can fix it on IE9 (not 10/11) by re-focusing on maps area ( $('#map'.focus() ) if i detect a mousemove event over the map.

Ideas?