[OpenLayers-Users] The latitude is projected to squares instead of circles using the Stereographic projection

cathyhu chu at mdacorporation.com
Tue Feb 4 16:01:40 PST 2014

I have a few base-layers in different projections. The data is same, only set
the projection is different for each base-layer.

When I switch to any other base layer instead of the EPSG4326, the projected
latitude lines are squares. The correct ones should be circles, right?

And If I draw a long line with only two end points along the latitude line
in EPSG:4326, the projected long line in other projection is a straight line
instead of a curved line.

If I draw a line with more points, then the results looks better.

I attached two images for reference:
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5101955/Epsg4326Map.png>
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5101955/projectedMap.png>

Do know why things like this and how to solve the projection issues. Could
anyone help me?

Thanks a lot

Cathy