[OpenLayers-Users] GeoJSON tiles

Jack Greenbaum j.greenbaum at computer.org
Wed Feb 19 09:29:37 PST 2014

UTFGrid seems like a good way to add interaction if your features are
rendered to tiles on the server. With what I did the features get
rendered by the client, and styled by the client. An advantage I see to
using client rendered features vs UTFGrid for hit detection is that the
client rendered OpenLayers.Features can change color when moused over or
selected, where UTFGrid depends on a static rendering provided by the
server, unless I've missed something. Otherwise the tradeoffs seems to
be typical server-vs-client rendering things.

Thanks for the pointer.

-- Jack