[OpenLayers-Users] how to query wms, like wfs?

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Mon Feb 24 14:07:55 PST 2014

On 25/02/2014 10:44 a.m., zach cruise wrote:
> thanks, got it to work. but now i have a separate issue:
>
> i got two functions - one returning the result of a wfs query
> (feature), the other returning the result of a wms query (evt).
>
> but how do i cancel wms when wfs has already returned?

So why do you need to run both? For me I would have application design
have one or other control enabled so only one request made. However,
cancelling an ajax GET request once made would need working down in the
OL code to access the XHR object and then calling its abort method. The
request object will be a property within the getFeature control so you
may be able to access it from there. (use debugger and look at the
properties of the control after issues a request). Easy will be to set
some variable so the response handler just exits if the other request
has completed.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.