[OpenLayers-Users] openlayers n ol3 - are they related???

John Smith jayzee.smith at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 13:40:49 PST 2014

okay. I guess I'll stick my neck out and put the rumors in the open...

boundless is now leading ol3 dev. it is now also owning leaflet dev. at
some point it'll pick one over the other. meanwhile openlayers remains the
ex-bff. sad because openlayers is freaking awesome with mobile, html5 and
geojson. so why ol3 then??? why are both showing commits?!

honestly ol3 pays lil attention to backward compatibility, the docs come up
short and its list is only a google groups.

...done. now can we add a bigger header on openlayers.org saying how it is
related (or not) to ol3js.org?