[OpenLayers-Users] openlayers n ol3 - are they related???

John Smith jayzee.smith at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 09:15:53 PST 2014

thanks for throwing some light on this. okay so mapbox has leaflet (which
is awesome too) but boundless guys are leading ol3 dev?anywho its sorta
wrong to call it the successor to openlayers2 when it disses pretty much
everything about 2. and #3 isn't right if the version doesn't borrow much
from #2 (maybe call it ol1?). by not making things backward compatible ol3
loses users (and feels like elitism imo). I need more than that to move
from 2 to 3. on help docs, tell us what is the new object or function name,
what it was before and what changed about it. I need that mapping before I
even look at ol3. I think open source dev saves more $$$ by not switching
direction. my 2 c. peace out, dftt! jzs