[OpenLayers-Users] POST proxy problem

Mark Prins mc.prins at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 09:55:37 PST 2014

2014/1/20 Gpetr <gkpetrak at gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to develop a WPS app using GeoServer -  Openlayers/GeoExt.
> The base url of my app is: http://127.0.0.1:8000/
> For the wps process, I have integrated the code of the following example in
> my app.
>
> http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.13.1/examples/wps.html
>
> I have defined the ProxyHost as follow:
>
> OpenLayers.ProxyHost = "http://127.0.0.1:8000/proxy/?url=";
>
> and the wps url: wps = "http://127.0.0.1:8080/geoserver/wps"
>
> Whenever the app runs the GetCapabilities and DescribeProcess operations of
> the WPS process, everything works fine.
> But when I execute the process, the terminal displays the following error:
> [16/Jan/2014 11:43:22] "POST
> /proxy/?url=http%3A%2F%2F127.0.0.1%3A8080%2Fgeoserver%2Fwps HTTP/1.1" 403
> 2282

it looks like the proxy is working fine (it successfully received the
post request) but your server is causing as 403 (access denied) error;
this could be because POST (because GET seems to work fine) is not
allowed or not allowed to some server like :8080 or your wps maybe is
running into trouble like file system ACL, or...

> How can I fix it ?

Disclaimer;
This message is just a reflection of what I thought at the time of
sending. The message may contain information that is not intended for
you or that you don't understand.