[OpenLayers-Users] Switching style to use external graphic only when not clustered

Rob Hyx robhyx at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 07:44:14 PST 2014

Hello all,

I'm having a hard time getting my clustered vector layer to display points
with an external graphic ONLY when they are not clustered. In other words
when feature.cluster is defined and feature.attributes.count > 1, I want to
use a style that doesn't involve an external graphic at all, but rather one
like in this example:
http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.13.1/examples/strategy-cluster-threshold.html.
Is there a way to change the style itself (not just the attributes) of a
single feature dynamically and still have them cluster? Or is there another
way to do this?

Thanks in advance!