[OpenLayers-Users] Issue with WMSGetFeatureInfo Control

Jerome A. Wendell jawendell at suddenlink.net
Thu Jul 3 20:46:01 PDT 2014

Phil,

Thanks again for your reply.  I checked the NET tab of the debugger and I
still was not sure about the source of the problem.  But, you got me to
thinking and I setup a test between GeoServer 2.4.3 and 2.5.1.  Sure enough,
the problem did not exist in GeoServer 2.4.3.  I did some searching on the
changes in 2.5.1, and I found the bug report below:

http://jira.codehaus.org/i#browse/GEOS-6420

The problem that I was having is not the same as in the bug report, but the
recommendation of adding
-Dorg.geoserver.wms.featureinfo.render.enabled=false to the JVM startup
parameters to revert back to the old GetFeatureInfo engine resolved my
problem for now.  I need to do some additional research to determine why the
new GetFeatureInfo engine was causing me problems, but at least I have the
control working correctly now.

I always appreciate your input, and you seem to always get me back on the
right track.

Thanks,

Jerome Wendell