[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLS/OpenRouteService Geocoding Alternatives

rickm81 rickm81 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 9 07:22:49 PDT 2014

Hello,

Lately I've noticed some inconsistencies in performance with
OpenRouteService geocoding. Sometimes it works, other times it does not. I
currently have a proxy set up to access the service.

In OpenLayers I receive an error stating "An error occurred while
communicating with the OpenLS Service. Please try again."

On the OpenRouteService site I receive an error stating "Problem with OpenLS
Location Utility Service. Message: Request XLS Document."

Are there alternatives to OpenRouteService for geocoding in OpenLayers? I've
found that mapquest provides a service. Is there an example of a successful
implementation of this in OpenLayers?

Thank you!
Rick