[OpenLayers-Users] Easy way to reproject overlays to base layer projection?

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Mon Jul 21 13:49:24 PDT 2014

On 22/07/2014 6:41 a.m., dabraham wrote:
> Base layer in my application uses EPSG:900913. Is possible to add overlays
> (from various WMS/WFS servers and with different CRS), which will be
> automatically displayed in the projection of base layer?
This is how openlayers works. When you make a WMS request you send the
CRS that you want the returned image projected in. openlayers always
sets this to be the CRS of the current baselayer. You just need to make
sure that the server you are requesting from supports your baselayer
projection. ESRI ArcGIS server does not understand 900913 so you would
be better setting the map up in the equivalent EPSG:3857.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.