[OpenLayers-Users] Display only a specific area in the map

Martin Davis mtnclimb at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 15:05:26 PDT 2014

It looks to me like the Fix My Streets Brussels map is somehow clipping the
extent of the displaying OSM map to a polygonal border.

The map requests are all made to a GeoServer GWC service, so perhaps they
pre-render the tiles with some clipping & compositing:

http://fixmystreet.irisnet.be/urbis/geoserver/gwc/service/wms?LAYERS=urbisFR&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&STYLES=&FORMAT=image%2Fjpeg&SRS=EPSG%3A31370&BBOX=141091.4575625,170560.30396875,145541.90979688,175010.75620312&WIDTH=256&HEIGHT=256

 Here's another one interesting server tool that appears to be able to do
clipping and compositing dynamically:

http://mapproxy.org/