[OpenLayers-Users] Cluster marker with WMS Layer

Fernando Silveira de Quadro fernando.silveira at neoway.com.br
Wed Jul 23 10:30:44 PDT 2014

Hi All,

I have a problem. I have a layer with 1.6 million points I need to display
on the map, this part of GeoServer and OpenLayers worked well.

However, I need to make a cluster marker  with this layer because many
points are concentrated in one place. The examples are found using Vector
layers and GeoJSON, but how many points I have, I believe that will not
work very well.

 -
http://acuriousanimal.com/blog/2012/08/19/animated-marker-cluster-strategy-for-openlayers/

 -
http://ariasprado.name/2013/01/07/openlayers-cluster-strategy-active-state-depending-of-current-map-scale.html

I can do using WMS layers? What do you suggest me?

Best regards,

Fernando Silveira de Quadro
Neoway Business Solutions
http://www.neoway.com.br
+55 48 3333-2030
R. Patrício Farias, 131 - 3o andar | 88034-132 |Itacorubi |  Florianópolis