[OpenLayers-Users] How to use best use python script with Open Layers?

Robert Sanson Robert.Sanson at asurequality.com
Tue Jul 29 14:36:32 PDT 2014

If your Web server is something like Apache that has a cgi-bin folder, put your Python script in there. You should be using the Python cgi library to handle the interactions. You would use OpenLayers.Request capability to send an XMLHttpRequest to the Python script, by including the name of the Python script in the URL plus any arguments, and a separate callback function to process the response.

Regards,

Robert

>>> VictoriaH <bhudspeth at edac.unm.edu> 30/07/2014 7:14 a.m. >>>
I know only part of this question is relevant to Open Layers. I am using Open
Layers with some layers served by Geoserver. I have a python script that
takes user input from the web page, and returns a GeoJSON file. What is the
best way to use a python script to accomplish this? Is there a preferred
method for where I put the python script, and call it in a Geoserver/Open
Layers framework? I am a little unclear as to where to put the script in my
file structure so that it can be called from the web client. Any suggestions
would be appreciated...

Thanks, VickH