[OpenLayers-Users] How to add attributes to a new feature

boesiii boesiii at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 5 10:46:57 PDT 2014

Hello,

I am trying to place labels in the middle of a line and I am starting with
link[0] below.  The script from the link below reads the features and
creates new point feature layer and it calculates line rotation.  I would
like to transfer attributes to the new point feature layer but cannot figure
it out.  The script below creates a new feature

I know how to gather the feature attributes
var feature_att = this.sourceLayer.features[i].attributes;

but I am stuck on how to transfer those attributes to the new features
created
var p_feature = new OpenLayers.Feature.Vector( p_geom, { angle: lineangle }
);

[0] http://openlayers-buch.de/beispiele/chapter-10/layer-lineDirection.html