[OpenLayers-Users] Get features from xy

Mark Prins mc.prins at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 01:37:12 PDT 2014

> Hi guys,
>
> I think (hope!) it’s a simple thing, but it’s all day I’m looking for a
> solution without any success.
>
> Is possible to get features from xy without using the GetFeatureInfo
> control?

No. with WMS features only live on the server, in the client you get a
view of a feature (as an image or info response).
To accomplish this you could do WMSGetFeatureInfo first and then
LoadFromWebService or (what i've done in the past) create a smart
proxy that handles this on the server so that WMSGetFeatureInfo
returns LoadFromWebService information.

Mark

--
Disclaimer;
This message is just a reflection of what I thought at the time of