[OpenLayers-Users] Can I retrieve a legend image from a vector layer

Morescratch morescratch at live.com
Tue Jun 24 14:01:49 PDT 2014

Sorry to open this again... but I am difficulty getting this to work.

My code is as follows:

var symbolizer = rule.symbolizer,
     pointFeature = new OpenLayers.Feature.Vector( new
OpenLayers.Geometry.Point( 0, 0 ) ),
     renderer = new OpenLayers.Renderer.SVG( "myDivID", { resolution: 1 } );

renderer.drawFeature( pointFeature, symbolizer ); // error

I keep getting an error: "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property
'baseLayer' of null"

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Is suspect that the feature needs to be
added to the map... but I don't see that happening in the GeoExt code...

Thank you in advance!!!