[OpenLayers-Users] Open Layer and Eclipse configuration

Aleksander Vines aleksander.vines at nersc.no
Fri Mar 7 00:14:54 PST 2014

Hi,
I'm not sure what you are after here. What internal server are you talking about?
You can run Geoserver in several ways, the easiest would be to use the Jetty installation that comes with Geoserver, though that is not recommended for a production environment. What is recommended here is to use Apache Tomcat and deploy it there. In both of these you can set the port it runs on.
OpenLayers is a javascript library and does not really need a server to run for you to test it (unless you write it all in jsp or alike).
What I'm doing is that I run my main application on port 8080, and then I have geoserver running on port 8090 (and I specify in the javascript parameters to OpenLayers to use http://localhost:8090 as WMS/WFS server.
Regards,Aleksander

Carlo Di Michele <bwt at buildware.com> , 3/7/2014 8:47 AM:
Hello,i'm trying to configure Eclipse to develop a website using OpenLayers and Geoserver.
My problem is that I can't be connected to Internet during the day so I need to work completely offline.
I've installed Geoserver and configured the GEOSERVER_DATA_DIR.
I wish to separate the Website (with the OpenLayers libraries) and the Geoserver with the data.
 Has it sense? Is it possible?
How can I configure eclipse to use Geoserver instead of the internal server (it has conflicts in the port 8080)? Exists a simple website template to do this?
I thank in advance for any hint.
Best regardsCarlo