[OpenLayers-Users] Users Digest, Vol 90, Issue 9

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Mon Mar 10 13:42:16 PDT 2014

On 11/03/2014 8:23 a.m., Jim White wrote:
> Someone pointed out that I could request tiles from tilecache using
> TMS instead of WMS, which I have done and it has mostly fixed my
> problems. However, if I use Open Street Map as my base layer then my
> TMS overlays are requesting the wrong tiles.

A tilecache necessarily has to be built with only one projection.
(though GWC allows you to build multiple versions for different
projections). WMS on the other hand create tiles in the requested
projections. If the requested projection matches the tilecache, then
should be okay but check that. Default tilecache could be 4326. I'd be
inclined to see if you can get everything working on WMS before playing
with TMS sets.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.