[OpenLayers-Users] Loading tile never times out

Aleksander Vines aleksander.vines at nersc.no
Tue Mar 18 04:04:30 PDT 2014

Hi,
I'm creating an application with OpenLayers (2.13.1). When loading the app, I'm requesting a base layer and another layer on top of that. The non-base layer does not always load properly (the request just keeps pending for a long time (now it took 15 minutes to create two of the tiles) while the four others were created instant (which ones that are loaded fast/slow seems random) and usually only happens when first loading the page in a while (I'd guess because of WMS-side catching).
It might be a network issue, or a WMS-issue, but I'd like to be able to solve the problem on the client-side (if I refresh the page right away, then all the tiles load "instantly"). Well, unless anyone have another great solution (the tiles are requested from a GeoServer using a postgis data storage). Is it possible to abort a tile request if it takes too long (it should not take more than a few seconds)?
I'm using OpenLayers.IMAGE_RELOAD_ATTEMPTS = 5; but since the request never actually times out then it does not really matter. Something like a OpenLayers.TILE_LOAD_TIMEOUT would be great :)
Many thanks,Aleksander Vines