[OpenLayers-Users] Alternatives to get rid of WFS layers

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Tue Nov 4 16:21:29 PST 2014

> Today I tried to do something similar for the WFS data: just 1 layer
> with all required (visible) feature types. But the request itself
> takes 6-7 seconds, 750KB of WFS data (gzipped) is returned. I saved
> such a response into a text file, it was almost 7MB. So it takes 10-15
> seconds until the user can proceed (request is completely finished
> with all wfs being processed and wms tiles are loaded). This probably
> won’t be fast enough.

But how much of this data to you want? Request only the attribute fields
you want and dont bring down the shape. Do anything you want to do with
the shape via WMS.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.