[OpenLayers-Users] WMSGetFeatureInfo request to geoserver too sensitive

Alexandre Dubé adube at mapgears.com
Fri Oct 10 05:18:09 PDT 2014

Hi Ismail,

   I think that the 'buffer' vendor-specific parameter from GeoServer is
what you're looking for.  See:

  * http://docs.geoserver.org/2.5.x/en/user/services/wms/reference.html#getfeatureinfo
  * http://docs.geoserver.org/2.5.x/en/user/services/wms/vendor.html#buffer

HTH,

Alexandre

On 14-10-10 06:12 AM, Ismail, Mark wrote:

> I am using openlayers 2 and issuing a WMSGetFeatureInfo request to
> geoserver
>
> It works fine but It is far to sensitive to where you click – if you
> don’t get right in the centre of a point or icon it finds nothing, it
> can take 2 or 3 attempts to get a response even if clicking carefully
> and zoomed in
>
> Is there any way to make that click “less sensitive” so it will pick
> up the closest point  to the mouse click ?
>
> *Mark Ismail*
>
> This e-mail and any attachments are confidential. It may contain
> privileged information and is intended for the named recipient(s)
> only. It must not be distributed without consent. If you are not one
> of the intended recipients, please notify the sender immediately and
> do not disclose, distribute, or retain this email or any part of it
> and do not take any action based on it.
>
> Unless expressly stated, opinions in this email are those of the
> individual sender, and not of Knowsley MBC. Legally binding
> obligations can only be created for, or be entered into on behalf of,
> Knowsley MBC by duly authorised officers or representatives.
>
> Knowsley MBC excludes any liability whatsoever for any offence caused,
> any direct or consequential loss arising from the use, or reliance on,
> this e-mail or its contents. We believe but do not warrant that this
> e-mail and any attachments are virus free. You must therefore take
> full responsibility for virus checking and no responsibility is
> accepted for loss or damage arising from viruses or changes made to
> this message after it was sent. Knowsley MBC reserves the right to
> monitor and/or record all e-mail communications through its network in
> accordance with relevant legislation.

Alexandre Dubé
T: +1 418-696-5056 #203
http://www.mapgears.com/