[OpenLayers-Users] Openlayers and ArcGIS Server REST query functions.

Robert Sanson Robert.Sanson at asurequality.com
Mon Apr 27 21:35:42 PDT 2015

Hi Phil

I have done this. What I do is prepare the ArcGIS REST query URL eg:

var qryurl = "http://myserver/ArcGIS/rest/services/mapservice_cadastre_prod/MapServer/7/query?text=&geometry="+easting+","+northing+"&geometryType=esriGeometryPoint&inSR=&spatialRel=esriSpatialRelWithin&where=&returnGeometry=false&outSR=&outFields=par_id&f=pjson";

Then submitted this via OpenLayers.Request.Get call:

OpenLayers.Request.GET({
          url: qryurl,
          callback: setHTML1
        });

These code fragments are inside a :

 map.events.register('click', map, function (e) {

function. Then I have written the setHTML1 callback to parse the returned JSON.

Cheers,

Robert Sanson