[OpenLayers-Users] GetFeature control on a mobile device

Roel De Nijs roel.denijs at aquafin.be
Tue Mar 10 10:06:53 PDT 2015

Hi list,

In our application we have a WMS layer and a GetFeature control which displays on click some info about the features on the mouse position (using a custom protocol). Works really nice in the 3 main browsers (IE11, FireFox and Chrome). But when we test the application on a mobile device, the tap/touch event doesn't trigger the click-event of the GetFeature control (and thus no request is sent, no info is shown). We tried it on several devices (iPad, Samsung S5), but it doesn't work on any of them.

What's the best approach/solution to get this working in OpenLayers 2.13.1? We have already tried to manually add the TouchNavigation control, but this didn't work either. Upgrading to OL3 is currently not an option.

The GetFeature control:
mapControls.push(new OpenLayers.Control.GetFeature({
id : "feature",
autoActivate : true,
click : true,
clickTolerance : 10,
protocol : customProtocol
}));

Many thanks!
Kind regards,
Roel De Nijs
Senior Java Developer

Volg Aquafin op Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/AquafinNV> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/aquafinnv> | YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk_4P5BJ-MtEEDCkCsR_KqQ?feature=mhee> | LinkedIN<http://www.linkedin.com/company/aquafin/products>

Disclaimer: zie www.aquafin.be<http://www.aquafin.be>   P Denk aan het milieu. Druk deze mail niet onnodig af.