[OpenLayers-Users] Confusion regarding shape file?

newbie shai_mus at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 15 12:41:48 PST 2015

Dear Steve,
                     Yes currently we have written an application using pure
gmap where we can draw, save, edit and view geo fence using polygon and
polylines. Thereafter we can plot data and replay function all on the gmap.

Now the issue is that I have a  shapefile of  particular country? How can I
load that shapefile?

My biggest challenge is how to port all the functionality done in google map
into this shapefile?

What I read so far is that I need to install a geoserver is that correct?

Yes my problem is now to render the shapefile as a map and secondly all the
functionality done via google map?

I hope I am clearer now