[OpenLayers-Users] CAD file (DXF or DWG) and OpenLayers 3

Angelos Pappas agelos at smartcode.gr
Wed Sep 30 03:24:51 PDT 2015

Hi Pedro,

I am pretty confident that it's absolutely impossible to display a DWG
file in OL3 currently. Theoretically it could be possible to write a
custom ol.format that parses any file type, but there is none right now.
I don't even believe that there is a way to display (directly) a DXF
file either, even though it's a text format with documentation from
Autodesk.

So what to do? I would try GDAL's ogr2ogr to convert the DXF to GeoJSON,
which is supported by OL3. However don't expect the result to look
exactly like what you see in AutoCAD.

Relevant links:
http://www.gdal.org/
http://www.gdal.org/ogr2ogr.html