[OSGeo BC] OSGeo BC - Renewed Call for Action and Participation

Kyle, Martin MartinKyle at SierraSystems.com
Fri Jun 20 02:07:21 EDT 2008

Hi Max

That sounds good. That will be the evening before the GeoWeb conference gets underway and just after the workshop days.

I would love to hear a presentation on OSGeo being used in an operational setting. Any takers? Also, I don't mind doing a presentation ... what would people be most interested in hearing: Geospatial Interoperability (e.g. Emerging trends at OGC and their potential application to  OSGeo); Geospatial Security (e.g. Application threats to OSGeo and defensive  countermeasures); Geospatial Usability (Common Industry Format for Usability Reporting and its applicability to OSGeo)?

 ... Any interest in an optional LAN Party afterward? Bring your own laptop that you can modify network settings on. We setup an isolated network. Then spend an hour jamming in the open source game world of BZFlag. Interest?

Martin
H. Martin Kyle | Principal, GISP
Sierra Systems

(T) 604-688-1371  (C) 778-384-5409 (F) 604-688-6482
1177 West Hastings Street, Suite 2500
Vancouver, BC V6E 2K3

Management Consulting | Project Implementation | Managed Services
website: www.SierraSystems.com