[OSGeo BC] North America (Seattle) codesprint -- last chance to save it!

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at flaxen.com
Wed Aug 17 19:10:33 EDT 2011

The goal of hosting the 2012 North American code sprint here in Seattle is,
unfortunately, almost dead.

To date I have received almost $4K in sponsorship money -- thank you to
Airborne Interactive, Anonymous/CUGOS, Development Seed, and LizardTech! --
and almost $4K in the form of seven registrations from individuals.

However, this doesn't get us to the $12K needed to reserve the facilities
and minimize my risk of defaulting.

If you are interested in attending and can pay the $525 fee (registration +
lodging + meals) in advance, please contact me.

I will try to drum up some more interest down in Denver next month, but the
longer we wait the higher the chance the facility won't be available
anymore.  After FOSS4G, if we haven't raised enough funds, I'll be refunding
the sponsorship and registration monies.

Details on the event can be found here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/IslandWood_Code_Sprint_2011.  Thanks!

-mpg