[osgeo4w-dev] setup in svn and improved a bit

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Feb 28 13:01:28 EST 2008

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Overall, I still have somewhat mixed feelings about using the Cygwin
> derived
> installer due to a few peculiarities it has.  But lacking other suggestions
> (backed by implementation) I'm not sure what our alternatives are.  I'll
> followup with a message intended help make a decision.

Quickly: as MS4W already has a basic NSIS installer, I've been looking
at expanding that installer this week  (Assefa will be joining me next
week).  We want to push that as far as it can go and give a report to
this list (with hopefully something working), so we can all make a
decision on a route to take.

-jeff