[osgeo4w-dev] Progress Update

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Mar 14 19:02:32 EDT 2008

Andrea,

I do have one thing to say on this (I'll let Frank discuss
bin/lib/share):  My opinion is that all applications (web-based and
desktop) should live in the /osgeo4w/apps folder.  For example, I think
GRASS should live in /osgeo4w/apps/grass (even though I see that it does
not at this point)  Putting GRASS at the osgeo4w root means that all
desktop apps could live at the root, which becomes quite messy.  I hope
we all agree on the mandatory use of the /osgeo4w/apps folder.

-jeff