[osgeo4w-dev] packaging a tad bumpy

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Apr 6 05:52:17 EDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Jürgen E. <jef at norbit.de> wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> On Mon, 06. Apr 2009 at 01:07:16 -0700, Matt Wilkie wrote:
>> I encountered a number of packaging difficulties with the trivial mys
>> change (#78) unrelated to the change itself. I'll share them here in
>> the hopes we might find a way to smooth some of them out.
>
>> * http://upload.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/osgeo4w-regen.sh did not update
>> either setup_test.ini or versions*.html pages. It took about a minute
>> to run.
>
> I didn't have that setup_test.ini problem yet.
>

>>  * running regen.sh from login shell updated setup_test.ini but not
>> the versions*.html pages
>
> And the versions*.html pages are generated by cron (I think Markus
> Neteler did that).  So that's normal.

Yes, it is on download.osgeo.org. It is currently run once a day:

[neteler at xblade13 ~]$ crontab -l
10 05 * * 0-6 sh /home/neteler/osgeo4w_versions.sh
10 05 * * 0-6 sh /home/neteler/osgeo4w_versions_test.sh

We can run it hourly or whatever, let me know.
Feel free to hack the scripts or tell me what needs to be fixed.

best,
Markus