[osgeo4w-dev] Re: Rights for upload (OSGeo4W installer)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Sep 28 12:48:54 EDT 2009

Alexander Bruy wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> I was sent to you by Maxim Dubinin. I (with Maxim Dubin and GIS-Lab support)
> maintain the matplotlib package for OSGeo4W installer. Previously all
> package updates was uploaded by Maxim (he have appropriate rights) but this
> is inconvenient and requires more time (I prepare package and send it to
> Maxim who uploat it on server). Is it possible to give me rights for upload,
> so I can directly update package?

Alexander,

I have shell enabled the "alexbruy" OSGeo userid on the upload.osgeo.org
system.  You should not be able to scp packages into the
/osgeo/download/osgeo4w/release/...  tree on that system.  Let me know if
you run into permissions problems on the target directory.

I see the http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/pkg-python-matplotlib entry
is in good shape, and references you already.

I'm cc:ing the osgeo4w list so it is more generally known that you are now
the uploader.