[osgeo4w-dev] GEOS 3.2.2 packaging

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Mon Dec 27 14:13:08 EST 2010

Hi Frank,

On Mon, 27. Dec 2010 at 11:19:56 -0500, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> I believe GDAL only depends on the GEOS C API which is hopefully compatible
> between versions.  I think this is true of MapServer too, though I'm not so
> sure.  I believe QGIS depends on the C++ ABI and will need to be recompiled.

Nope, I migrated it to the GEOS C-API short after you migrated the GDAL/OGR
stuff to the C-API.

> Jurgen, are you available to rebuild qgis and qgis-dev with a new GEOS as
> part of making this ABI incompatible upgrade?

Sure.  Although a rebuild might no even be necessary, but if it is, it wouldn't
be a problem.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden