[osgeo4w-dev] Re: osgeo4w-setup.exe command-line options

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 13:22:57 EST 2010

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 03:19:49 -0800 (PST)
Tomas_IV <brunclik at atlas.cz> wrote:

> Unfortunately, with the -q switch used as described in the FAQ, the
> installer always crashes (although I had irregularly a few successful
> attempts back a year or so ago). Tested on two my machines and on one
> computer lab machine, all with Win XP Home or XP Pro. In fact it seems it is
> not the -q switch what triggers the crash, but the local install method -L
> or --local-install  - it triggers crashes even when used with -a instead of
> -q.

Just two bits from me. Seems that "silent" install mode don't work under Windows 7. After run I've always get error "You need to specify full path
with drive letter and slash. E.g. C:\OSGeo4W" (message translated from russian)
But in command line I already have this full path. I've tried to run "silent"
install from different folders, with different package folder and always have
this error.

But under WinXP all works for me.

--
Alexander Bruy