[osgeo4w-dev] libintl-8.dll

Kurt Menke kurt at birdseyeviewgis.com
Thu Apr 21 19:55:08 EDT 2011

I have just installed OsGeo4W on a 64 bit Windows 7 machine.  When I open
the OSGeo4W shell I get the following error:

The program can't start because libintl-8.dll is missing from your computer.
Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

The shell also reports that:

ERROR 1: Can't load requested DLL:
C:\OSGeo4W\bin\gdalplugins\gdal_MG4Lidar.dll

ERROR 1: Can't load requested DLL:
C:\OSGeo4W\bin\gdalplugins\gdal_MG4Lidar.dll

ERROR 1: Can't load requested DLL: C:\OSGeo4W\bin\gdalplugins\gdal_MrSID.dll

ERROR 1: Can't load requested DLL: C:\OSGeo4W\bin\gdalplugins\gdal_MrSID.dll

I've tried reinstalling several times but the dll is apparently still
missing.  What component do I need to install to have this dll installed?

Kurt

Kurt Menke, GISP

Bird's Eye View

 <http://www.birdseyeviewgis.com/> www.BirdsEyeViewGIS.com