[osgeo4w-dev] gdal-python for py2.7 is broken

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Thu Jun 16 15:32:04 EDT 2011

> Sorry for the late response.  I just updated all affected packages.

Thanks Jürgen, that works much better (and has for some time, I just
neglected to say anything. Sorry!) I just discovered another problem,
it's missing the scripts in ./bin:

epsg_tr.py
esri2wkt.py
gcps2vec.py
gcps2wld.py
gdal2tiles.py
gdal2xyz.py
gdalchksum.py
gdalident.py
gdalimport.py
gdal_calc.py
gdal_fillnodata.py
gdal_merge.py
gdal_polygonize.py
gdal_proximity.py
gdal_retile.py
gdal_sieve.py
mkgraticule.py
pct2rgb.py
rgb2pct.py

The corresponding .bat files can be generated with a make-py-bats.bat in
./etc/postinstall (watch for unwanted linewrap, there are 5 lines):

pushd %OSGEO4W_ROOT%\bin
for %%g in (*.py) do (
    if not exist %%~ng.bat echo @python "%%OSGEO4W_ROOT%%\bin\%%g" %%* >
%%~ng.bat