[osgeo4w-dev] Mapnik in osgeo4w

Julien Malik julien.malik at c-s.fr
Mon May 2 10:06:29 EDT 2011

Hello,

First of all : congratulations for your GSoC project !

I'm probably whipping a dead horse here, but I hope one of the results
of your work will be having a solution to the #218 ticket (being able to
use the mapnik C++ API with only osgeo4w packages).

We also ran into troubles setting up fonts files necessary for mapnik to
render its map. If those can be integrated to the mapnik binary package
with some sort of default paths management so that we don't have to
bother with these from external projects, that would be great... A
related report here :
https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/mapnik-users/2011-February/003955.html

Good luck for your project !
Julien