[osgeo4w-dev] Dependencies for gdal not installed on 64-bit machines

Jérôme Cuinet jerome.cuinet at cose.fr
Wed Sep 21 04:21:17 EDT 2011

Several months ago, this problem has appeared also on my Windows XP 64-bits
machine. Since, I have given up the osgeo4w installation and I have been
using standalone setup.

>See "AptFromScratch" on http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/pkg-apt
I follow Matt Wilkie instructions, and command line setup is OK.

On my other machine Windows XP 32 bits, osgeo4w is all OK (but I use almost
my XP 64 bit machine).

So the problem seems to be in the graphic dependencies interface, unless
this graphic interface don't use the same line commands apt...

Best regards,

Jérôme Cuinet

warmerdam at pobox.com