[osgeo4w-dev] Upgrade installed packages from command line

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 13:11:31 EST 2012

Hi all,

is it possible to upgrade existing installation from command line
by checking and downloading new versions for installed packages
and upgrading them?

I can download new packages using this command

osgeo4w-setup.exe -q -a -D -l "D:\install\gis\osgeo4w\offline"

But I can't figure out how to upgrade my installation. Tried with this
command

osgeo4w-setup.exe -q -local-install --root C:\OSGeo4W -l
"D:\install\gis\osgeo4w\offline\http%3a%2f%2fdownload.osgeo.org%2fosgeo4w\release"

but it doesn't work.

--
Alexander Bruy