[osgeo4w-dev] Re: new sqlite3, spatialite and freexl packages uploaded on server

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Mar 19 04:01:19 EDT 2012

On 12-03-18 07:37 PM, Giuseppe Sucameli wrote:
> Hi Frank, all
>
> I've uploaded 3 packages on the osgeo server:
> sqlite3-3.7.10-1, spatialite-3.0.1-1 and freexl-1.0.0b-1.
 >
> The new sqlite shouldn't break anything, but anyway I hid it by putting the
> package to the /osgeo/download/release/sqlite3/test directory.

Guiseppe,

After a bit of testing of my own I have taken the liberty of promoting
this up and making it "official".

The spatialite and sqlite packages include static libraries (sqlite.lib
700K, and spatialite.lib 7MB) that I believe are unnecessary.  Could
you produce a new version of both packages without these?  People should
use the stub libraries which trigger use of the DLLs.

I discovered I had made the same mistake with PROJ.4 so I took this
opportunity to upgrade PROJ.4 to 4.8.0 and to modify the packaging
to avoid including the static proj.lib.

> Since the spatialite and freexl packages are new packages and cannot
> doing harm I kept them visible, they will become available after running
> the osgeo4w-regen.sh script.

I have also taken the opportunity to upgrade the GDAL 1.9 package to
include spatialite support and enabled the XLS driver using freexl.

Thanks for your good work!