[osgeo4w-dev] CoApp reminder

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Apr 4 14:05:45 PDT 2013

Mateusz,

I watched the CoApp video, and skimmed the last blog post on the site and
I'm left feeling it is still rather immature and also that it will depend
on a variety of skills I don't have (around Visual Studio projects, etc).
 On the appealing side it would be wonderful to work with folks who know
how to put things together effectively, and many underlying packages we
depend on (ie. Apache, Python, PHP, Postgresql, ssl) are being addressed as
part of the core provided packages of CoApp.

My inclination at this point is to keep an eye on CoApp with the idea it
could be a next generation OSGeo4W but not to make any major commitment yet
unless there is someone in the community that wants to lead the charge.

CoApp certainly has the possibility of being an ideal platform for open
source geospatial (and non-geospatial) software distribution on windows.

Best regards,
Frank

warmerdam at pobox.com