[osgeo4w-dev] Which is the Microsoft c++ compiler compatible with the libraries that osgeo4w provides ?

Jérôme Chatillon J.Chatillon at aerodata-surveys.com
Wed Jul 17 07:02:04 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I use to develop small c++ applications with Microsoft Visual C++ XXXX Express, but I always facing library issue (LNK2019...), because I changed 3 times computer within a year, so reinstall packages and so on. Plus I "share" code with people which have not 100% the same configuration...
We always think it's for a small application, so no need to organize...

When I install osgeo4w on my computer, I select packages I need and specially the libraries and the header files.
So my question is: which compiler did compile the lib files and dll that are download ?

Cordialement,

CHATILLON Jérôme

NederlandObliek.nl - For the first time ever: the entire Netherlands in oblique (birds-eye view)!
Brought to you by Aerodata and Cyclomedia
http://www.nederlandobliek.nl/

The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorised to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system.